domingo, 20 de noviembre de 2016

Story

I'm going to talk about my favourite book, which I read this summer, is called Lisey's Story, by Stephen King.
Lisey's Story is about two differents stories: in one hand, Lisey's life after the death of his husband, Scott, a very famous horror novelist, and in the other hand, the memories of the relationship between both of them, also, about Scott's terrible childhood and early life. and all the experiences they've lived together. In the present, the part where Scott is already dead, Lisey is harassed by a mad fan of Scott, who terrorizes and mutilates her.

The couple are treated as the main character itself, Lisey lives for Scott, and Scott for Lisey, in a really deep and intense relationship. Scott is a man with a lot of problems, his dad abused of him and his brother when they were young, and to refugy himself he invented a secret and imaginary place: a lake: Boo'ya moon. Lisey is also really surrounded by problems, her sister, Amanda, suffers from schizophrenia, and a mad fan of his dead husband harasses her.

The whole book is full of parallel histories, all of those I said below, and many more, they all happen at a same time, but in a different point of their lifes. The most intense novel I have ever read, my first horror and gothic book, it helped me deal, the whole concept of the imaginary lake really fascinated me. I will never forget Scott and Lisey.

Marc Pauchet,
G 2
1 Batx

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario